Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In the area

A couple more gems from my area where, it seems, local businesses have based their marketing efforts on the oft-neglected 'scare the bejeesus out of the customer and they'll buy something' theory.

First up, with the Christmas season fast approaching, you might consider buying your loved ones a beetle frozen for eternity in a plastic brick.



Admit it, at twenty quid you're tempted aren't you? Maybe this is part of a range of novelty items they're bringing out. It starts with insects in perspex. Then what? Lions in irons? Foxes in boxes? Primates in, er, crates? OK, I'll stop there.

Dr Seuss would have something to say about it I'm sure.

So once you've made it past the scary bug shop, you then come to a (not cheap) furniture store. And what says 'I want to buy a new expensive sofa' better than a pair of giant, grinning rats?



Nice eh?

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspired. I'm slightly disappointed, though, that you haven't mentioned the overnight transformation of "San Lorenzo" (or whatever the Italian place was called) into "Phung"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home