Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, October 07, 2005

Do you copy?

I went to an advertising agency yesterday with my book of work, in order to get some input as to how to make the leap from client-based copywriter to agency (or, proper) copywriter.

In truth, I was rather hoping they’d take one look at my stuff and, with tears in their eyes, declare me The God Of Copy and offer me a job on the spot. And a Porsche.

In actual fact, they were quite nice about the stuff, but the message was clear. ‘It’s quite good. Now go and do some very good stuff and you might get somewhere.’

I must say that they were very helpful and I took their good advice on board with a nod and a smile.

But what I really wanted to do was jump up and down shouting "Oh come on. It’s just advertising. Any cunt with a crayon can do it."

And then I wanted to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home