Updates
Speed dating update: I have learned something else about speed dating. As you are only informed of who you ticked who also ticked you, the one way to find out how many ticks you got, is to tick absolutely everyone. It’s very tempting.However, my ticks are now in. I’ll let you know how I got on (the pundits are, as we speak, predicting a 0 – 0 draw). As Flatmate Mark pointed out, there are no winners in speed dating.
This is particularly true of anyone who gets matched with Wig who, in an inspired moment, decided the best time to go online and tick his choices was when he got home after the night of dating. And the beers in the pub afterwards. And the boozing in the club after that. At 5am. He is now terrified to go online and find out who he ticked.
Online dating update: our man got his first actual emails yesterday. One was from a woman who ‘didn’t believe a word of it but it made her laugh’ so perhaps I’m not as good a liar as I had hoped.
The other was from a woman who turned out to be rather attractive. Damn.
And he’s up to 10 winks now. Bastard.
In the news today scientists use human stem cells to make paralysed mice walk again. Now is it just me, or does that seem the wrong way round to you? I mean, really, it’s nice that so many mice will develop a whole new lease of life, regardless of the manufacturers of tiny wheelchairs that will go bankrupt. But shouldn’t we be focussing on people? Scientists – take note.
Also in the news. The Chinese government are trying to restrict the reporting that occurs on the internet . I don’t know about that though. It seems like a medium so democratic and accessible that there’s no way any one government coul

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home