Overheard
No need for a full post today as I have decided to simply transcribe, word for word, a conversation we had in my flat yesterday.Flatmate Mark (to me): "What are you doing for Christmas?"
Me: "Dunno. I thought I might kill a tramp maybe."
Flatmate Mark (shrugs)
Flatmate Dean: "We could crucify him, that would be appropriate."
Mark: "Shouldn’t we do that at Easter?"
Me (nodding): "He’s right. We should go and give him gold, frankincense and myrrh this Christmas. He’ll be really pleased. Then imagine his surprise when we come back to nail him up at Easter."
All (nod sagely, turn attention back to Elektra, which, incidentally, is crap).
I’m beginning to think there’s something wrong with all of us.
***
I used to think I was a grouchy kind of person who was capable of putting an impressive bit of bile and vituperation together. Until I read this.
It is now clear to me that I like fluffy kittens and marshmallows in spring.
I am ashamed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home