Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dummy run

Now I’m all in favour of a good franchise, and the …For Dummies books seem like harmless enough fun. But how many of these things can there be. I recently discovered this .

Iguanas for Dummies. Good grief.

So I had a look for what else these people are offering to Dummies and discovered that there are literally hundreds of these things. There’s a guide for everything it seems, including some alarming examples (and all these are real, I swear).

Starting a Business for Dummies. Should we be encouraging the nation’s idiots to start businesses? The economic consequences could be disastrous. Or maybe I’m being overly harsh. Perhaps when you open up the book there’s only one page in it which says ‘Don’t. Just don’t. Put the book down and go back to watching Hollyoaks, there’s a good chap’.

Poker for Dummies. Show up to a high stakes game with one of these tucked under your arm. I dare you.

Wills, probate and inheritance tax for Dummies. If you even understand the title, I’d have to challenge your qualifications as a Dummy I’m afraid.

Catholocism for Dummies. Yes, it is, isn't it?

Forensics for Dummies. No comment for this one. I just thought it was funny.

The complete MBA for Dummies. Removing any doubt you may have had about the dumbing down of education in this country. What’s next? Degrees for Dummies. Hang on, they already have those don’t they? Only they’re called Arts degrees.

I could go on for days with these. Honestly, I highly recommend a trip to Amazon and searching under For Dummies. It’s mind boggling.

On an unrelated note - things I’ve learned. Don’t get Listerine mouthwash up your nose. Sweet Jesus the pain.

Actually, thinking about it, if you are a regular user of snuff, give it a go.

Also, none of you will care about this, but for a moment I am going to treat this like most of those other 'what I did today' blogs out there. Yesterday I went back to the gym for the first time in ages. What did I learn? That I am as weak as a kitten. Oh dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home