Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Unlucky mascot

I had a bit of a sticky meeting with my boss during which we were supposed to sit down and describe what it is I do here, so that whoever replaces me knows what to do.

Hmm, tricky one that. I've often considered my role here to be primarily decorative. Something like the goat wearing the team colours that you find in American College Football movies. Once you’ve eliminated ‘picking up the post’, ‘wandering around chatting to anyone who’ll listen’ and ‘complaining about how much work I’ve got to do’ there’s really very little left.

Fortunately, I managed to spin out what little I do until it began to sound at least conceivably like a full time job and, even better, ended on the assurance that really I shouldn’t actually be doing any more work in my remaining months, but should be supervising my minions so that they can take over when I’m gone. If that’s not a slacker’s charter, I don’t know what is.

And trust me, I know a thing or two about slacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home