The end is nigh
Guess what?I handed in my notice! Yes. I finally got off my lazy arse and told my boss it was 'time I found a new challenge'. Naturally, what this really meant was 'I hate it here and every day the effort to drag my reluctant carcass into this overheated germ-pit of an office nearly kills me' and I'm pretty certain my boss was quite aware of this.
Still, he took it pretty well, despite the fact that I quit with no job to go to which, let's face it, hardly reflects well on the place does it?
So now I am free. Unless you count the THREE MONTHS notice I have to give. What the fuck? That's a quarter of a year. And I have to do it.
How is it that when the top guys, who are all on a year's notice, get new jobs, they're out the next week, usually with the whole year's salary in a brown envelope in their back pocket and a set of fresh lipstick marks from the pretty secretary's goodbye blowjob. Yet I have to continue to do my job, somehow summoning up motivation despite the total lack of a future in the place, for twelve weeks.
There is, however, a solution. Two words - gross misconduct.
I'll let you know how I get on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home