Big intervew mistake
So I was sitting in an interview and I thought it was going really well. I was giving the interviewer solid eye contact, I'd offered thoughtful answers to his questions and talked through my CV making me sound like a cross between Mother Theresa and Donald Trump (Mother Trump? Sounds like an Indie band).In short, I'd got cocky.
Which is why I wasn't really paying attention when he asked me the question 'what, if they had a single word, would your friends say to describe you.'
'Your friends' he said. Not 'your colleagues', who I would truthfully have answered 'diligent' or 'capable'. Not 'your family' who would have used the word, 'reliable' or 'intelligent'. No, he chose my friends. Now my friends, although spirited, independent people, are all guys who drink a lot and talk shit when we get together. And we swear a lot, because that's what drunk guys talking shit do.
Which is why, without thinking about it until I heard the word emerge from my mouth, I answered 'Cunt'.
I haven't heard from them yet, but no news is good news right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home