Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Animal magic

Excellent story in the Guardian today

Internet trade in endangered animals.

Apparently, people are selling all manner of rare, endangered and tasty animals on the Internet. Sort of a poacher's Amazon.com.

It seems you can buy a siberian tiger, a gorilla or pretty much any creature you desire online.

Now I know I'm supposed to be appalled by this 'wicked trade' and perhaps it's just me, but my first reaction was 'cool. I wonder how much a gorilla will set me back.'

Best phrase from the entire story, though, goes to the bit where they say that also found was "a stuffed polar bear which was billed as being Victorian but looked suspiciously fresh.'

I hate it when the polar bear I've bought is stale.

Does this herald a whole new era of spamming too? No more viagra and degrees online, from now on it will be "Get FrEsh Fro!icking AntElope direct 2 Your Door" and "Buy one amazonian parrot, get one FREE".

I look forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home