more money, more problems. But still, more money eh?
You'd think getting a good pay rise would be a good thing wouldn't you?Not me. I've managed, using the prism of my bleak world view and borderline-clinical pessimism, to get a hefty pay rise which left me thoroughly depressed.
It's not that I don't like money. I do. It rustles nicely in my wallet and pays for booze and hookers. Money is good. Certainly better than the alternative.
So what's my problem? Simple. I'm pretty certain I spent the last 12 months being of little or no use to the company whatsoever. I have, to be fair, read almost all of the internet in that period, to say nothing of keeping up an intimate knowledge of current affairs, so it wasn't just wasted time. However, in terms of activity which is of material advantage to my employer, I have to say I have done zip, nothing, nada.
So when the boss class' response to this is to give me a hearty handshake and a big pay rise, you have to wonder don't you? Do these people have any idea of what I do? Do they perhaps think I'm someone else?
Rather renders the option of working hard and doing my job well pointless doesn't it?
So, that's why getting a big pay rise sucks. Still, think of the hookers right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home